Local people are being given the opportunity to share their views on plans to change the way urgent healthcare services work in North Lincolnshire.
In line with national NHS guidance, NHS North Lincolnshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is developing plans for an Urgent Treatment Centre (UTC), which will be co-located alongside the Accident and Emergency department at Scunthorpe General Hospital.
The additional, GP-led service will launch at the end of October 2019 and will help safeguard A&E services for those that have a genuine emergency need.
The Urgent Treatment Centre will provide same-day diagnosis and treatment for urgent, but non-life-threatening conditions, such as:
- sprains and strains
- suspected broken bones
- cuts and grazes
- feverish illness in adults and children
- abdominal pain
Between January 9th and February 3rd 2019, North Lincolnshire CCG is gathering views from patients and members of the public to help shape the new service.
Dr Neveen Samuel, Urgent Care Lead for North Lincolnshire CCG, said: “People will walk in the same door they’ve always walked in for A&E, but will be seen by the most appropriate clinical professional for their needs. Patients will be clinically assessed on arrival and directed to either A&E or the UTC, depending on their condition.
“This will make urgent care services in North Lincolnshire easier for patients to access and should help reduce waiting times for patients.”
Alex Seale, Chief Operating Officer for North Lincolnshire CCG, said: “This is about getting patients to the right place at the right time – freeing up A&E for those who need it most.
“The views of our patients are vitally important to help shape the development of the service.
“We would encourage as many people as possible to fill in the survey and get their thoughts heard.”
The survey can be filled in online here.
Alternatively, to request a paper copy of the survey, please contact Kirsten Spark, Engagement Manager at email@example.com or call 01652 251067.
Notes to editors
- For further information, please contact Communications Manager Amy Byard at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The North Lincolnshire Out-of-Hours GP service will also be located within the UTC
- Evening and weekend extended access GP appointments for patients in the South of the district will take place at the UTC. There will still be evening and weekend appointments available at other locations for patients in the East and West
- Appointments will be available for walk-in patients and will also be pre-bookable via NHS 111